Monday 20 December 2010

Its the end of the Year, at last


The end of 2010 is almost here. I have been so so busy over the last couple of weeks, door knocking throughout the Ward, campaigning on parking issues, and of course lollipoping.

In the last 2-3 weeks I have been fulfilling my duties as a School Governor of Alfred Sutton Primary school. I was pleased that we were able to appoint a new Deputy Head and enjoyed taking part in the interview process. I would like to congratulate the new Deputy Head. I know she will make a fantastic Deputy Head. There was a meeting of the Parents' Forum, of which I am the Vice Chair, and the Head. I am so proud of the Parents' Forum. Of all the things I have been involved with in the last 2-3 years the establishment of a Parents' Forum at Alfred Sutton. The Chair and Secretary and I have made the Forum a great communications and action channel between the school and parents.

Finally all the Governors were invited to attend the school plays. I don't know which other Governors went to the performances, however I was able to go to last Tuesday's performance. It was great, the children and staff had worked so hard and I was privileged to be able to be a spectator.

When door knocking many parents had questions about Maiden Erlegh, and Cllr Jon Hartley and I have been able to brief parents as to whats going on. There will be a public meeting at Maiden Erlegh on the 17th January between 5.30 and 7.00pm, please attend if you can.  Try not to laugh to hard when you are there.....

And finally 2. I was looking at the photos and video I have accumulated over the year of the campaigns I have been involved in. I thought it would make a fitting memory to add here. Hope it reminds you of the year and the campaigns you have been involved in.