Saturday 10 October 2009

A Fine Day For Campaigning

Been out this morning talking to residents in the Ward. Its a busy busy day, sax lesson, campaigning, a family celebration and a church service establishing the Street Pastors group in Reaidng. Thank goodness I went to bed early last night.

Talking to residents was really useful. I picked up a couple of issues to take up with the Council. More of later. It was a great morning, talked to loads of people and a good mix of students and residents. They were telling me about their concerns and the things that they want for the area.

Also talked to them about the Uni and its decsion to stop funding of the PCSO's Everyone I spoke to was against the Uni, I told them about our campaign and they were very supportive.

So off to church tonight for the commisioning service for the Street Pastors, wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment