Tuesday 3 November 2009

Richard McKenzie backs the PCSO's


Had a quieter week last week as it was half term. Still found time to work on the petition for the PCSO's.

This is a very important campaign and the University has now been presented with the petition that we gathered from around Park, Redlands and Church. I was amazed at how many people were happy to sign.

Strangely enough I bumped in to the Green who said that he wouldn't sign our petition on campus the other day. I mentioned to him that we were a bit surprised at his stance, but he didn't really have a good answer as to why a Green wouldn't want to sign a petition to support the PCSO's. Shame really.

Following the work we did in the Ward, we are still getting positive comments about our campaign and I hope that there will be further follow ups soon.

Enjoyed half term with the family, although I still had to work and study, I had almost every evening free during the week and it was really, really nice to spend time with Kath and chat round the things in our lives. Trying to get elected and having a family is a strain on all, however I does help to keep you grounded and in touch with real life.