Thursday 17 December 2009

Lies, Damn Lies and the Green Party


Am truely flabbergasted, the Green Party have set hares running by claiming that the Alfred Sutton Playing fields have been earmarked for development.

The only problem with this is that it isn't true. I have had a number of Alfred Sutton Parents ask me what is going on. Having checked with the Council I have found that there are NO plans to build on the playing fields.


The fields won protection when I and others fought in 1999 to protect them.  I was very involved in the campaign to restrict the number of houses in the Green Road development. I clearly remember working with residents to make sure that the field couldn't be built on.

If it comes to it we will fight again but it is dangerous and rediculous to try and frighten residents.

It is amazing the Greens are putting this rubbish in to the press and delivering leaflets trying to sell this lie. It is especially concerning that the Green's candidate is a Governor at Alfred Sutton and this kind of missinformation can only bring the school in to disrepute.

I attach a letter I have received from the Council about the playing fields which I publish here for you to read.


This will not be the end of the matter I am sure.