Monday 8 March 2010

Support the Church of England !

Ok, I never actually thought that I would ever write this, however I have to put this link up to highlight the CofE's guidance to churches about not allowing the BNP a platform at the General Elections.

http://www.cofe.anglican.org/info/socialpublic/urbanaffairs/crp

I was going to talk about about recent campaigning efforts as this seems much more important. Well now I am here feet getting sorer as the evenings get longer. Although it is sooooo cold at the moment. If you see a red bennied mummy knocking on your door in Park then it is probably me coming to talk to you.

Had an interesting conversation with a chap, who wondered what had changed in the area in the last 10 years. Well apart from:

1. New Buildings at Alfred Sutton Junior School
2. Brand Spanking new hospital at the Royal Berks
3. New 6th form centre at Maiden Erleigh school
4. New school at Addington School
5. Growth of Reading University - Lots of growth there
6. Improvements to Palmer Park Stadium
7. Improvements to Palmer Park itself
8. All the buses in Reading Buses
9. One way system in Newtown
10. Leasing the Paddock at the Mockbeggar site to a community garden, some real progress being made there now.
11. Protection of the Alfred Sutton playing fields
12. Council support for CommuniCare at Wycliffe Baptist Church
13. The Police becoming community based and the setting up of a Police Office in the Arch

These are the ones that I can think of as I write, sure there are more but these are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.